Tuesday 4 July 2017

Brand strategies: Project 2

Week 2 - Week 6
Jessica Ngu Wei King (0323639)
Brand strategies 
Project 2: Positioning

Instructions


The Brief
The most effective strategy to promote the city

Description
An effective strategy will maximize the image and value of the city.

To be able to articulate the city positioning by writing a creative brief,
and a set of mood board is well presented.

Creative Brief:    Mood Boards (Images & Description):
1. Brand story            1. Target audience
2. Brand message         2. The ideal KL image based on your proposal
3. Big idea         3. Color palettes
4. Brand name         4. Typography
5. Finalized logo / logotype 5. Imagery
6. Tagline / Headline        (Vector graphic / Illustration / Photography styling)

* Please add more boards if needed.
Final Outcome
15 minutes presentation
A compilation of creative brief with mood boards

Duration of Assignment

Week 2 – 6 

Submissions

Version 1
Fig. 1 'Journey beyond the door' is the tagline 
Fig. 2 Big idea
Fig. 3 Brand story
Fig. 4 Target audience- Young adults and the International tourists
Fig. 5 Tone & Manner
Fig. 6 Proposed collaterals ideas (1/3)
Fig. 7 Proposed Collaterals ideas (2/3)
Fig. 8 Proposed Collaterals ideas (3/3)
Fig. 9 Typeface
Fig. 10 Brand book styling
Version 2
After consulting with the lecturer, she think my graphic styles are not consistent enough and it's still confusing and don't really know what kind of styling I want to use. She also suggested me to do the city map as it is more suitable for my brand/ concept. Version 2 is the improvised version.
Fig. 11
Fig. 12
Fig. 13
Fig. 14
Fig. 15

Fig. 16
Fig. 17
Fig. 18
Fig. 19
Version 3
The lecturer wanted me to consider whether this kind of 'cute' styling suits my brand or not. I struggle a lot, but still decided to change the kind of styling as I think it's not really that suitable for my concept. So I went back and make a whole new version of mood board. I decided to use a mix of photography and illustration as my styling.
Fig. 20

Fig. 21
Fig. 22
Fig. 23
Fig. 24
Fig. 25
Fig. 26
Fig. 27 
Fig. 28
Fig. 29
Fig. 30 
Fig. 31 
Fig. 32

No comments:

Post a Comment